WHAT IS PORTABLE APPLIANCE TESTING (PAT) TRAINING?
On-site training for candidates of all experience levels; novice, experienced and refresher.
On completion, candidates will be able to test, certify and use an appropriate tagging system to identify appliances as electrically safe.
Legal Requirements - Training complies with:
- PUWER 1998
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
Refresher training to be taken every 3 to 5 years in line with current HSE guidance.
WHAT TRAINING WILL I RECEIVE?
- Rules and Regulations
- Basic Electricity Principles
- Earthed/Double Insulated Equipment
- Testing Periods
- General Test Procedures
- Formal Visual Inspections
- Combined Inspection and Testing
- Recording and Documentation Procedures
- Candidates undertake both theoretical and practical training and assessment.
- Candidates receive a high quality printed A5 training manual and guidance booklet.
- Training can incorporate your company’s risk assessments.
- Soft copies of all course paperwork are available to employers on completion of training.
- Successful candidates receive a temporary pass notification form on the day, valid for a period to cover the time taken for certificates to be issued.
- Training is delivered by fully qualified instructors; evidence of instructor competency is available on request.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL I ACHIEVE?
- Didac Certificate of Basic Training
- 1 day for learners of all abilities.
- National Delivery within the workplace
- Please contact Didac to discuss your needs.