WHAT IS CHAINSAW TRAINING?
On-site operator training for candidates of all experience levels; novice, experienced and refresher.
Training can be completed using petrol engine or electric chainsaws. Pack cutting can be included in training if it is required by the employer.
Training complies with:
- PUWER 1998
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Refresher training to be taken every 3 to 5 years in line with current HSE guidance.
WHAT TRAINING WILL I RECEIVE?
- Basic Safety
- Responsibilities (Employer and Employee)
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Pre Use Inspection and Checks
- Basic Maintenance and Servicing
- General Operating
- Cutting Practices & Techniques (Cross Cut operations only)
- Pack Cutting (if applicable)
- Candidates undertake both theoretical and practical training and assessment.
- Candidates receive a high quality printed A5 training manual and guidance booklet.
- Training can incorporate your company’s risk assessments.
- Soft copies of all course paperwork are available to employers on completion of training.
- Successful candidates receive a temporary pass notification form on the day, valid for a period to cover the time taken for certificates to be issued.
- Training is delivered by fully qualified instructors; evidence of instructor competency is available on request.
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I RECEIVE?
- Didac Certificate of Basic Training
- 1 day for learners of all abilities.
- National Delivery within the workplace
- Please contact Didac to discuss your needs.