WHAT IS MANUFACTURE / INSTALLATION?
Kitchen Manufacturers. You will manufacture and assembly kitchens to meet the clients requirements. This can either be “one-off” or “small production” kitchens.Kitchen Installation. You may be required to also carry out basic installation of the units manufactured within the clients premises.
Experienced employees can make decisions such as the type of material needed to make components / products, the ability to follow technical drawings, skills to work out amount of materials needed.
Work based learning will provide hands on experience and help to develop a broad range of skills and knowledge to meet your employer business needs, without the need to attend college.
WHAT TRAINING WILL I RECEIVE?
You will learn how to use hand and power hand tools with a number of wood machines. Throughout the programme, you will also:
- Prepare drawings from specifications or determine job requirements by examining drawings and specifications
- Produce working drawings, jigs, templates or prototypes for production assembly of products
- Select and prepare materials and components
- Mark out, cut and shape components
- Select correct adhesives for various applications
- Trim and glue joints and fit components
- Finish units using a range of techniques
- Fit hinges, locks, catches, glass and mirrors, drawers and shelves
- Repair damaged units
- Install units and other appropriate fittings
- ALL DELIVERED IN YOUR WORKPLACE
- Training from fully qualified Didac staff
- Ensure you are working to current legal and good practice requirements
- Improved Health & Safety and productivity
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL I ACHIEVE?
As part of your Apprenticeship, you will achieve a number of recognised qualifications:
- NVQ in Furniture / Installation (demonstrating your practical skills)
- Technical Certificate in Furniture (demonstrating your knowledge and understanding)
- Functional Skills (where appropriate)
- 1 to 2 years to Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2). Additional 1 year to Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- National Delivery within the workplace
Progression can include the following:
- CAD / Designer
- Quality Control
- Production Manager / Supervisor / Health & Safety
- FREE for 16-18 year olds
- 19 + employer contribution POA
- Employers who pay Constructions Skills maybe eligible for additional grants
NOTE - a travel charge maybe applicable with extreme delivery locations