WHAT IS BENCH JOINERY?
Working in a joiners shop producing wood products, to given specifications, such as doors, window frames and stair cases and other items for clients.
The use of machinery and power hand tools in the production of products plays an important part within the joiners shop.
Work based learning will provide hands on experience and help to develop a broad range of skills and knowledge to meet your employer business needs, without the need to attend college
Experienced staff can make decisions such as the type of material needed to make components / products, the ability to follow technical drawings, skills to work out amount of materials needed.
WHAT TRAINING WILL I RECEIVE?
You will learn how to use hand and power hand tools with a number of classical wood machines. Throughout the programme, you will also:
- Prepare drawings from specifications or determine job requirements by examining drawings and specifications.
- Produce working drawings, jigs, templates for production assembly of products.
- Manufacture items for clients
- Select and prepare timber and manufactured board.
- Select correct adhesives for various applications.
- Trim and glue joints and fit parts together to form sections of joinery.
- Assemble components and fit ironmongery
- Repair damaged components
- ALL DELIVERED IN YOUR WORKPLACE. WHERE APPROPRIATE ATTEND WOODWISE ACADEMY.
- Training from fully qualified Didac staff
- Ensure you are working to current legal and good practice requirements
- Improved Health & Safety and productivity
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL I ACHIEVE?
As part of your Apprenticeship, you will achieve a number of recognised qualifications:
- NVQ in Bench Joinery (demonstrating your practical skills)
- Technical Certificate in Bench Joinery (demonstrating your knowledge and understanding)
- Functional Skills (where appropriate)
- 1 to 2 years to Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2). Additional 1 year to Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- National Delivery within the workplace
Progression can include the following:
- CAD / Designer
- Level 3
- Quality Control
- Production Manager / Supervisor
- FREE for 16-18 year olds
- 19 + employer contribution POA
- Employers who pay Constructions Skills maybe eligible for additional grants
NOTE - a travel charge maybe applicable with extreme delivery locations