Our wood machining short course programmes are in demand because the law requires that all wood machinists must receive adequate training every 3 to 5 years.
Current Vacancies: We have no specific vacancies at this time, but we are always ready to receive applications from anyone interested in pursuing a career as a Machine Woodworking Trainer
Please read on
Location: Typically home based unless you live in the Bristol area.
In that job role trainers deliver high-quality, engaging training sessions in the work-place and from time to time at our training Academy in Bristol: a modern fully equipped workshop, offices and teaching spaces, located a short drive from Bristol city centre, surrounded by great views of the River Avon and adjacent to the Bristol to Bath cycle path.
To work in this role is a great opportunity to make a positive impact on the careers and lives of others, by passing on your knowledge and skills and with our teacher training support package.
When we have vacancies, we invite applications from candidates who would like to consider or are new to a teaching role.
Our wood machining short course programmes are demand led because the law requires that all wood machinists must receive adequate training; including refresher training every 3 to 5 years.
“Regulation 9 – The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations: Every employer shall ensure that all persons who use work equipment have received adequate training for purposes of health and safety, including training in the methods which may be adopted when using the work equipment, any risks which such use may entail and precautions to be taken”.
- Assess the performance and progress of trainees, providing constructive feedback and guidance for them to improve and develop their skills.
- Maintain records and evidence of trainee performance and progression.
- Build positive working relationships with trainees and their employers.
- Participate in continuous professional development.
- Proven experience as a Wood Machinist
- Strong knowledge of wood machining techniques, safety procedures, and industry standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and to meet deadlines.
- Patience, empathy, and a positive attitude towards training and development.
- Willingness to travel in the UK.
- For some job roles we supply a fully expensed Company Car to visit training locations, i.e.,employer premises on their workshop equipment
- Teacher Training: Didac will fund the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, if no prior teaching qualification has been achieved.
- Great opportunity for professional growth and career advancement.
- 3x Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Salary depends on teaching qualification (if any) and experience.
- Full induction programme including wood machining update training to build the trainers confidence and to ensure we continue to deliver compliant training in a standardised manner.
Employment Type: Typically we only offer Full-time positions.