WHAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE?
This Apprenticeship teaches you the skills to provide excellent customer service, and can be applied to hundreds of job roles across many different sectors, from government to telecommunications. However, most customer service apprentices work in retail, financial services, call centres, hospitality, or sport and recreation.
Good customer service is key to the success of any business or organisation. Completing this Apprenticeship is a way of providing evidence of skills that will serve you well in virtually any industry – so it’s a very good way to move forward.
Duties will vary between sectors, but in most cases you’ll be making sure that customers are dealt with in a positive, reliable and pleasant way – whether that’s by offering advice, answering questions or handling complaints.
To properly assist customers, you’ll need clear and up-to-date knowledge of your organisation’s products and services. You’ll also need to be able to communicate with all sorts of people.
Work based learning will provide hands on experience and help to develop a broad range of skills and knowledge to meet your employer business needs, without the need to attend college.
WHAT TRAINING WILL I RECEIVE?
Throughout the programme, you will learn the following:
- Dealing with customers face to face
- Working on a helpdesk
- Problem solving
- Identifying improvements
- Dealing with complaints
- Going the extra mile and making a difference
- Dealing with diverse customers and in diverse situations
- Communicating effectively
- ALL DELIVERED IN YOUR WORKPLACE
- Training from fully qualified Didac staff
- Ensure you are working to current legal and good practice requirements
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL I ACHIEVE?
As part of your Apprenticeship, you will achieve a number of recognised qualifications:
- Diploma in Customer Service (demonstrating your practical and knowledge skills)
- Functional Skills (where appropriate)
- 1 to 2 years to Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2). 1 year to Advanced Apprenticeships (Level 3)
- National Delivery within the workplace
Progression can include the following:
- Manager / Supervisor / Business Admin
- Funding available for learners 16-18, 19+
- Employer contribution dependent upon age of learner at start and duration of programme
NOTE - a travel charge maybe applicable with extreme delivery locations