WHAT IS WAREHOUSING & STORAGE?
The Apprenticeship deals with the movement and storage of goods and is an essential part of any warehousing aspect of a business.
As a Warehousing and Storage Apprentice, your duties will depend on your employer and your job role. You will also understand Health & Safety requirements and work as part of a team.
Work based learning will provide hands on experience and help to develop a broad range of skills and knowledge to meet your employer business needs, without the need to attend college.
WHAT TRAINING WILL I RECEIVE?
Throughout the programme, you will learn the following:
- Keeping the warehouse clean and tidy
- Receiving good in
- Assembling orders
- Placing goods into storage
- Operating fork lifts and other plant equipment (with suitable and sufficient training)
- Moving and handling goods
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Working as part of a team
- Maintaining quality / quantity of stock
- Ordering materials
- Customer service
- ALL DELIVERED IN YOUR WORKPLACE
- Training from fully qualified Didac staff
- Ensure you are working to current legal and good practice requirements
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL I ACHIEVE?
As part of your Apprenticeship, you will achieve a number of recognised qualifications.
- Diploma in Warehousing & Storage (demonstrating your practical and knowledge skills)
- Functional Skills (where appropriate)
- 1 to 2 years to Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2). 1 year to Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- National Delivery within the workplace
Progression can include the following:
- Management / Team Leading / Merchant Supplies - Timber
- Funding available for learners 16-18, 19+
- Employer contribution dependent upon age of learner at start and duration of programme
NOTE - a travel charge maybe applicable with extreme delivery locations