Aimed at businesses with a requirement to ensure that staff are correctly and safely trained in the use of Power Hand Tools, whether powered by battery, electrical or pneumatic systems.
All courses are tailored to the requirements of the individual and/or business needs.
Regulation 9 (1) of Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations. Every employer shall ensure that all staff who use Work Equipment have received training for purposes of health and safety.
This includes training in the methods which may be adopted when using the work equipment, the dangers associated with it and precautions to reduce the risks.
Refresher training to be taken every 3 to 5 years to maintain personnel competency inline with current HSE guidance.
WHAT TRAINING WILL I RECEIVE?
- Tool changing
- Guarding and safe operation
- Work environment
- PPE requirements
- Inspection and condition of equipment
- Wider operational hazards
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I RECEIVE?
- Woodwise Certificate of Training
- Dependant upon individual competency and number of machines
- National Delivery within the workplace or within Woodwise Academy
Progression can include the following:
- Woodwise Certificate of Competence
- All woodworking machinery, including saws, planers, other power hand tools
- Courses within Woodwise Academy - POA
- Courses within the workplace - POA