Courses covering current legal requirements for those needing to safely use and change abrasive wheels.
All courses are tailored to the requirements of the individual and/or business needs.
Under current legislation, including Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations, all employees involved in the use of abrasive wheels are required to have received suitable and sufficient training, authorised in writing.
Refresher training to be taken every 3 to 5 years to maintain personnel competency inline with current HSE guidance.
WHAT TRAINING WILL I RECEIVE?
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels and precautions which should be observed
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels as to type and speed
- Methods of storing, handling and transporting abrasive wheels
- Methods of inspecting and testing abrasive wheels to check for damage
- The functions of all components used with abrasive wheels, including flanges, blotters, brushes and nuts used in mounting and including knowledge of the correct and incorrect methods of assembling all components and correct balancing of abrasive wheels
- The proper method of dressing abrasive wheels & the adjustment of the rest of an abrasive wheel
- Basic use, including hazard awareness and safe operating practices
- Equipment can include, bench grinder, angle grinder, disc cutters and others
- Training from fully qualified Didac staff
- Ensure you are working to current legal and good practice requirements
- Improved Health & Safety
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I RECEIVE?
- Woodwise Certificate of Training
- 1/2 day for up to 3 people
- National Delivery within the workplace or within Woodwise Academy
Progression can include the following:
- Woodwise Certificate of Competence
- Courses within Woodwise Academy - POA
- Courses within the workplace - POA